How is NCAF calculated?
Reference NIH Contract Access Fee and Fee Remittance in your contract.
(1) The fee percentage for CIO-SP3 is .65% (.0065) and for CIO-SP3 Small Business, it is 0.55% (.0055)
(2) This fee percentage is applied to ALL line items (total proposal amount).
(3) The formula is: NCAF = Total Prop. Amount * Fee %. For example, if the total proposal amount is $500,000, the fee amount would be $3,250 for CIO-SP3 and $2,750 for CIO-SP3 Small Business. The Grand Total for the proposal would be $503,250 for CIO-SP3 and $502,750 for CIO-SP3 Small Business.
(4) The NCAF cap is at $150,000 for CIO-SP3 and CIO-SP3 Small business contracts with funding in excess of $23M and $27M (not including NCAF), respectively. The cap kicks in for any task order base or option period for a single period (not to exceed 12 months).
|1||Base||Award - 12 Mo||12 mo||$35,600,000.00||$150,000.00||$35,750,000.00|
|2||13 mo - 18 mo||6 mo||$24,000,000.00||$150,000.00||$24,150,000.00|
|Base Period Subtotal||$59,600,000.00||$300,000.00||$59,900,000.00|
|3||Option 1||19 mo - 30 mo||12 mo||$14,999,900.00||$97,499.35||$15,097,399.40|
|4||31 mo - 36 mo||6 mo||$8,900,000.00||$57,850.00||$8,957,850.00|
|Option Period Subtotal||$23,899,900.00||$155,349.35||$24,055,249.40|
- #1 exceeds $23M, so the cap is applied.
- #2 exceeds $23M, so the cap is applied.
- #3 is less than $23M, therefore the cap DOES NOT apply.
- #4 is less than $23M, therefore the cap DOES NOT apply.