Orders must be placed in accordance with the requirements of fair opportunity as defined in FAR Subpart 16.505. In addition, Ordering
Contracting Officers (OCOs) should follow their respective agency policies and procedures for issuing orders under
Click on an arrow to learn more about the details of each step within the government acquisition process.
Preparation: Market Research and Acquisition Planning
Using NITAAC to support your acquisition.
- Define your requirement — need help? Contact the Task Order Management Team.
- Conduct Market Research: (a) Search GWAC labor categories within e-GOS and develop an Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE); (b) Issue a Request for Information (RFI) using e-GOS; (c) Find a small business through our contract holder search.
- Consider streamlined evaluation approaches, such as: comparative analysis, oral presentations, market product demos. Guidance can be found in the “Review Evaluation” tab in e-GOS.
- Conduct acquisition planning in accordance with your agency procedures.
- Finalize the SOW, SOO or PWS, the IGCE and other requirements documents—don’t forget agency specific terms and conditions.
- Determine timeframes for questions and submissions based on complexity and your agency procedures. Remember: if you streamline, you can reduce submission timeframes.
- Work with NITAAC to introduce your requirement to contract holders. NITAAC provides a venue for customers to present their requirements to contract holders before issuance of the Order Request (OR). Contact NITAAC Support for scheduling and additional information.
- Use your market research to create your final Task Order Requests (TOR).
e-GOS Labor Rate Search Guide
The Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE)
Technical Evaluation Template
Request for Information (RFI)
Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP)
e-GOS Task Order Request (TOR)
E-GOS Task Order Request Guide
Evaluation: Issue, Answer Questions and Obtain Responses
- Log into e-GOS. Need to register? Create an account.
- Receive and respond to Contract Holder questions and comments.
- Issue an Amendment if needed.
- Receive industry responses through the secure e-GOS system.
- Evaluate submissions based on your agency’s criteria.
- Document and award based on your agency’s procedures.
- Award task or delivery order in accordance with your agency procedures.
- Upload copy of fully executed award documents through e-GOS.
- Notify unsuccessful offerors through e-GOS, or in accordance with your agency procedures.
- Debrief Contract Holders in accordance with FAR Subpart 15 and your agency procedures.
- Conduct post-award orientations to address program concerns and contractor's responsibilities for performance of the task or delivery order.
- Administer the task or delivery order by monitoring Contracting Officer Representative’s feedback, contractor performance and enforcing contractor compliance with task or delivery order requirements.
- Resolve contract performance problems by gathering facts and determining remedies. If appropriate, initiate remedial actions in order to find and provide a solution.
- Analyze the need for modifications and negotiate and issue task or delivery order modifications, as required.
- Complete inspection and acceptance and approve payment requests.
- Ensure past performance evaluation documentation is completed with program and Contracting Officer input.
- Close-out task or delivery order following your agency procedures to ensure property disposition, final payments and clearances have been received. Upload final modification in e-GOS.